Monday, September 5, 2011

What Is The Soundtrack To Your Life?

Has there ever been a song that you have felt a strong connection to? Do you have a soundtrack to your life? I can tell you that I definitely do!

Music can be seen as a source of healing for many, giving them an outlet for their emotions or helping them relate to a specific situation in their life that they may have not been able to see through.

A soundtrack to your life usually consists of songs that you will listen to and have a strong connection with no matter how many times you listen to it. This strong connection is usually felt the first time you hear this song.

I am writing this piece about finding the soundtrack to your life because I believe that everyone should have one to help them when they are down in life, or stuck in a situation where they are troubled or confused. Your soundtrack does not have to be long, even if it only consists of 3 songs. As long as your list has songs that personally have meaning to you and to your life.

I am going to explain this further by sharing the soundtrack to my life. I hope that this can demonstrate how having your own soundtrack can make you a stronger person because it allows you to understand and see yourself more clearly.

Songs that I have on my soundtrack are:

• A Little Bit Longer - Jonas Brothers
• Landslide - Stevie Knicks
• Skyscraper - Demi Lovato
• In The Arms Of An Angel - Sarah McLachlan
• Butterfly Fly Away - Miley Cyrus
• My Little Girl - Tim McGraw

If you haven't noticed by now or are unfamiliar with some of these songs, they all have a slow melody. People may see me as an outgoing exited extrovert, but I am actually a shy introvert. My use of being excited a lot is a cover to hide my insecurities, so by having my soundtrack consist of slow music, it truly shows who I am inside.

To immediately show you an example of how a song may be interpreted differently from person to person, I will begin by explaining how the song A Little Bit Longer by the Jonas Brothers has impacted my life.

The song was originally written by Nick Jonas (the youngest member of the band) who was having a bad day because of the effects his Type 1 Diabetes was having on him. The song basically is describing how he just has to wait a little bit longer until he will feel better and will not feel so low. As for me, this was the first song I turned to when I was in the hospital after I had a tumor removed from my right humorous bone. The surgery went well, but there were complications afterword's where the doctors had to call a code blue. My breathing was very low and I was very scared about what was happening, but when I started to calm down I immediately starting thinking 'just a little but longer, and I'll be fine'. Since I am sitting here writing this article, I am happy to say that I am doing very well now.

This is an example of how a song may be written for one purpose, but may be used in different ways to help and inspire others in their own way.

I will not explain the in depth meaning of what the rest of the songs mean to me because of course, they are personal doors into who I am and my deepest emotions that are for me to know and feel.

The reason why I did however show you the list of my soundtrack to life is because I want to inspire you to make your own list.

Make a soundtrack to your life and put aside time within your night to listen to it without any interruption. Use these songs to reflect about your life.

You will learn a lot about yourself and what is important to you in your life.

Enjoy the soundtrack to your life and don't forget to continue to add to it in the future.


http://EzineArticles.com/6501660

No comments:

Post a Comment